Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Are We Human?

Or are we dancers? (Or does he sing "denser"? The Internet and my ears are not in agreement, here)


So The Killers, my alltime favorite band, has released their first single from the upcoming "Day and Age" album, which I believe is set for November 25th. And well... I don't know.

I really, really, REALLY want to like this song. I want to love it. But that doesn't seem to be happening. At first listen I felt very apathetic. I just didn't care for it. So I decided to let it get the opportunity to grow on me through putting it on repeat for about an hour and a half. I mean, I was so very dissappointed in "Sam's Town" when that first came out, and it took me half a dozen listens to the entire album to like it.

So I listened to it 21 times on repeat. And yes, I like it. I get the direction they're taking their music, with the synths of Hot Fuss and the grand feeling of Sam's Town. I can respect that.
But as much as I want to really love this track? I just don't. But I do like it, and I'll probably listen to it quite a lot until the album come out, or they release a second single from it.

It is The Killers. Which is love.

No comments: