Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Blinded By The Lights.

Just... WOW. The Streets @ KB Hallen, 27.10.2008.

Photos courtesy of Christian Hjorth/GAFFA.



On this last pic, see the girl with the blue cap? I was right next to her and one of those arms is probably mine.

It's very simple. I've been looking forwards to this concert for months and months. I had enormous expectations. Both times I've seen him before (both at Roskilde) have been among my favorite concerts of all time. I got a knot in my stomach when he cancelled the Oslo gig, and begged for him to get well enough to do this one. And he did. And he delivered.

I have a hard time comparing this concert to the two he's given at Roskilde. All three were bloody amazing, they all left me in a state of ecstasy, wanting more. But the circumstances were just so different.

The reason this one is going to stand out? I touched his face. During his usual "look at a stranger and tell them you love them"-thing, he came right down in front and kissed the girl next to me on the cheek, and I touched him. It seems so creepy looking back at it, so fangirl and obsessed, but ohhhh. It felt so fucking huge. One of the greatest moments ever. I feel weird for being so obsessed, but seriously. This man and his music. His LYRICS, ffs. I don't know how to explain it, but they mean so much to me.

"Never Went To Church" is definitely a stand-out. I get emotional listening to it every... Single... Time. And both times I've heard it performed live, I've started crying. It's so fucking emotional standing in the middle of an exited crowd with your favorite poet in front of you, singing the words about your deceased father you don't have yourself. So just like this year at Orange, I just stood there with my eyes closed and my face wet with tears, singing along. Best moment ever.

I have so much more to say about this concert. His choice of songs to perform (except for NWTC it's like The Hardest Way... never even existed), his performance, the crowd, the sound (I fucking hate KB Hallen!!) and so on and so forth.

But I'll just say this... I couldn't stop smiling on my bike-ride home, the songs going over and over inside my head along with thoughts of it being the best concert I've ever seen. That might've been big words, but I meant them right then and there. And that's how it should be when you leave a concert. It should leave you breathless.

Thank you, Mike.

No comments: